Thank God it’s Friday! This week has been quite a roller coaster.
I started off Monday in a really bad place. I didn’t want to get dressed and go to work… I just wanted to lie on my bed and mope.
But then a little lightbulb went off and sparked an entirely new outlook on life. One full of promise, and optimism and determination. And then the outpouring of love and support and encouragement lifted me even higher.
It’s amazing how drastically your attitude about life can change when you decide to take control of your own happiness. I’m ending this week on an incredibly high note and it’s because of the choices and changes I have made this week.
So, as a result, I’m sharing my five favorites of the week:
- Starting my journey to becoming healthier and happier. I’ve worked out three times this week, I’ve been eating healthy meals and I’ve been giving myself a lot of positive reinforcement. I’m celebrating the little victories this time around, and I’m pretty damn proud of myself for the progress I’m making.
- Taking time to enjoy my favorite season of the year. I’m a November baby, so fall is really the time of the year when I really thrive and come into my own. Between the spiced chai lattes, the cozy scarves and kicking up piles of leaves, I’ve been making an extra effort to really get out and find the beauty in the little moments.
- Watching one of my best friends from elementary school marry her middle school sweetheart. I’ve known Jamie since 4th grade and today she’s marrying the kid she’s been dating since our days at Godwin! I feel so lucky to have known the two of them and to be a part of their special day today.
- Going back to Temple for the first time since I graduated to celebrate Homecoming with my best friends. I can’t believe I’ve never been to a Temple football game, but I’m so proud to be going back as an alumni and to deck myself out in cherry and white as I cheer on my alma matter with my two partners-in-crime, Alex and Lauren. Plus – I can’t wait to see all of my “babies” who I haven’t seen in months and to celebrate my other best friend, Anthony’s birthday!
- Enjoying a nice, home cooked Sunday meal with my family over a big plate of lasagna and a glass of wine. I don’t get to spend a great deal of time with my family these days since I moved to DC, so I especially cherish every moment I get with them. I can’t wait to find out what everyone has been up to, to share my own stories and to enjoy a day full of laughs.
I hope everyone has had a good week and has an even better weekend to look forward to.